Monday, October 19, 2009

Blog Song #2: I Hate Me, Too

There's this funny thing that some guys at BYU do. I hear it all the time when I'm on campus, walking to class or sitting on the grass trying to look handsome for the ladies. (Note: I've never actually done this. I promise.) There are just some guys who think they'll be most impressive to their girlfriend or to that chick they just met if they appear to have EXACTLY THE SAME INTERESTS. I've heard guys claim to like a lot of things that I'm certain they don't actually like. I mean, no level-headed male ACTUALLY likes Twilight. Honestly. It reminds me both of when Jimmy Fallon as Anakin Skywalker tells Padme that "The Notebook" is his favorite movie, and a little of when Flint Lockwood pretends to have a peanut allergy.

Anyways, this song is about a guy who takes this a little too far. He likes everything the girl of his dreams likes--even himself. That is, if she likes him.

I Hate Me, Too

Once again, be sure to make suggestions in the comments beneath for the next poll!

Lyrics:

I heard that girls like guys who’ve got
Opinions and rational thought
I want to prove I do that well, oh
But they all want conversation
With someone who’s got
Stuff in common with themselves, oh

If you say yes, I'll say yes too
And you'll forget what isn't true, oh

I’m thinkin’ about me
I can’t live without me
As long as you feel that way
‘Cause what you say is what I say
I’ll be narcissistic
'Til you can’t live with it
But if you hate these things I do
It’s okay, I hate me, too

You said you like that class you’ve got
Teaches you how to be a wife and mom
So guess which class I’m taking now! Oh
You said you like the color pink
So I painted my car, what do you think?
Can I drive you into town? Oh

If you say yes, I'll say yes too
And you'll forget what isn't true, oh

I’m thinkin’ about me
I can’t live without me
As long as you feel that way
‘Cause what you say is what I say
I’ll be narcissistic
'Til you can’t live with it
But if you hate these things I do
It’s okay, I hate me, too

I...love you
As long as you love you

I’m thinkin’ about me
I can’t live without me
As long as you feel that way
‘Cause what you say is what I say
I’ll be narcissistic
'Til you can’t live with it
But if you hate these things I do
It’s okay, I hate me, too

4 comments:

  1. I think next week's poll should include a selection of guitar solo styles. The options could be Blues, Spanish, Chords, Acoustic, Strong Bad, Backwards, Fret Tapping, Dueling Guitars, and George Harrison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite song so far, but I think it should be called "Go Team Edward". (Do you secretly hate all this input? I would.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't afford to hate the input, because that's the whole reason I'm even doing this to begin with. (By the way, does ending that sentence with "with" count as ending the sentence with a preposition?)

    And does anyone else think it's funny that my last sentence also ended with "a preposition"?

    Ugh...and that one too. That one wasn't as funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This song rocked! I love the lyrics a lot! But I have to admit that I kinda did like Twilight...

    ReplyDelete