Monday, December 14, 2009

Poll Song #4: Sore Winner





Max Hall (56%)
Wendy's (6%)
Your girlfriend (6%)
The letter "Q" (31%)

3/4 (26%)
6/8 (0%)
5/4 (13%)
7/4 (60%)
(Note: I posted two songs this week. Don't forget to look at "Holiday Song #2".

Furthermore, I re-recorded the vocals on "Hey, Man, What's Wrong With Your Car?" with slightly altered lyrics that I like quite a bit better.)

This song is written from the point of view of Max Hall(TM) and discusses his motives and reasoning behind his remarks after the BYU-Utah game. I'm not sure this is exactly what he was thinking, but hey...

Sore Winner

Lyrics:

The game was over
You'd called it a day
Though all was said and done
I had more to say
All of a sudden, I had realized
Just exactly how much I despise
You

I said "don't like"
Then I changed it to "hate"
I was worried
That I'd be too late
Though someday you'll all make me apologize
I don't care, because I hate you guys

I'm not a sore winner
I just wanted to remind you who's the man
You won't forget my name
I'm not a sore winner
But I don't think I'd have said the things I said
If we had lost the game

Remember last time
I came to your home
All of those things
You all did to my mom
Though just a couple people did what was done
It makes me hate your whole institution

I'm not a sore winner
I just wanted to remind you who's the man
You won't forget my name
I'm not a sore winner
But I don't think I'd have said the things I said
If we had lost the game

I think you're classless
I don't mean casteless
I mean it's madness
This is a rivalry
This is how it should be
I'll help you hate me
Please be angry

I'm not a sore winner
I just wanted to remind you who's the man
You won't forget my name
I'm not a sore winner
But I don't think I'd have said the things I said
If we had lost the game

No comments:

Post a Comment