Monday, January 4, 2010

Blog Song #4: You Can't Take It from Me, Jolin




Wow, it has been two months since the last Blog Song was posted. (By the way, I'm planning on changing these things from being called "Blog Songs" to something else, because my original intention was to have a blog post to go along with the song, but that is no longer my plan. If anybody has a good suggestion for a better name, please run it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes it.)

This is also my first original song for nearly a month. In my defense, look for something *different* soon.

Anyways, this song is an interesting one. It isn't autobiographical (it's more conglomebiographical, per se, like, such as), though it is taken from personal experience.

Basically, this song is about a guy who is in love with a girl who's both unreachable and out of his league in about five different ways. Of course there's more to it than that, but...enough chit chat.

You Can't Take It from Me, Jolin

Lyrics:

I see you in the store on the cover of a magazine
You say that you're not real, but you seem so real to me, oh
You're tearing holes in my locked up heart
But there's much more than that
That's keeping us apart

'Cause everyone's a foreigner in someone else's home
And everyone wants visitors when they are home alone, oh
You're the one who's gotta take me by the hand
And I can't take it
And you can't take it from me, Jolin

You came to town and I stayed up late just to hear you sing
And I didn't care that I didn't understand a thing, oh
You're tearing holes in me right from the start
Bu there's much more than that
That's keeping us apart
Oh

'Cause everyone's a foreigner in someone else's home
And everyone wants visitors when they are home alone, oh
You're the one who's gotta take me by the hand
And I can't take it
And you can't take it from me

And I know there's nothing I can do
And I realize that there's nothing to you
So why do I feel this way
When I see your face on the front of the corner store
Or on the cover of a magazine

'Cause everyone's a foreigner in someone else's home
And everyone wants visitors when they are home alone, oh
You're the one who's gotta take me by the hand
And I can't take it
And you can't take it from me, Jolin

6 comments:

  1. where did the inspiration for this come? I wonder....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could call them Blong Sogs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. cai yi lin de jolin? ahh, alex, i didn't know you were that in love. this is why we have to become famous in taiwan, so you could date her. never mind the fact she's got like ten years on you. it's meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um...I'm not in love with her. I thought I said this was conglomebiographical...

    ReplyDelete