Monday, January 18, 2010

Blog Song #5: Your Heart




I really like the word "catharsis".

The story in this song is a bit...complicated. It's what someone who just got rejected imagines the other person's thought process must've been to act the way they did. Did that sentence make sense? I hope it did, because I have no desire to figure out how to write it so it isn't confusing.

This is the first real power ballad I've ever written. There's probably a bit more power than ballad at some points, but whatever. I also couldn't stop myself from referencing both Facebook and Star Wars. I hope you can forgive me.

Your Heart


Lyrics:

When you friended me
I couldn't help but see
The signs of someone looking for love

No photos to be found
With some guy with his arm around you
Your relationship status showed no one

So I wrote you a message
It said, "Girl, we need to talk
I'm gonna make you love me
Then I'll drop you like a rock."
Oh

Look at me now
Standing on the edge of your heart
But can't you see, now
I am gonna tear you apart

Do you remember when
Luke learns from Old Ghost Ben
That point of view can change reality?

Well, what he said is true
And I'm gonna use it on you
I'll think you into being in love with me

I'll make up your mind
And you'll think I'm so great
But before too long
You're totally gonna hate
Me

Look at me now
Standing on the edge of your heart
But eventually now
I am gonna tear you apart

You might think I'm crazy
But I'm not crazy
I just want to ruin your life
Come on and love me, baby

Look at me now
Standing on the edge of your heart
But can't you see, now
I am gonna tear you apart
Apart
Apart

3 comments:

  1. You sing power ballads like Axl Rose. This sounds like "November Rain," but with more Star Wars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only I were as crazy as Axl Rose...

    ReplyDelete
  3. All you lack is the burnt orange dreadlocks and the biker shorts. Oh, that and you might have to start singing with smallish bees up your nose.

    ReplyDelete